Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R1 2020 Was Blades in the Dark, now D&D5e

R1 2020 Was Blades in the Dark, now D&D5e 2 years 10 months ago #5345

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Some Lore I done gone wrote!

The Kingdom of Eastening
Ruler: King Odalric
Capital City: Brelburgh
Noteworthy Towns: Knightsbridge
Less Noteworthy Towns: Weem’s Hollow, South Bean, Farrowmere, Prosperity

50 years ago, Orking Urim Rex lead a huge horde of orcs from the southern swamplands to attack the Kingdom of Eastening. 13 knights (including Sir Henry’s grandfather) defended the only bridge across the River Eastel until reinforcements arrived from the capital. 12 knights fought bravely, but the 13th (Sir Basil’s grandfather) fled in disgrace. The town of Knightsbridge was founded upon the battlefield and the courage and sacrifice of those 12 knights was immortalised by a row of statues along the bridge crossing the river. The surviving orcs were driven back to their swamp, but their numbers have been gradually increasing over the last few decades.

More recently, the half-orc necromancer Mazoga Strongtusk lead an assault on Knightsbridge, hoping to secure the skull of the Orking (which was displayed in the town’s museum) and bind the warchief’s restless soul to his old bones. A group of brave Heroes foiled her plan and embarked on a dangerous quest to destroy the cursed skull.

The neighbouring Kingdom of Keria
Ruler: King Kazemar (deceased)
Capital City: Kerr
Noteworthy Towns: -
Less Noteworthy Towns: Whalewater Landing

Until recently, Keria was a cursed land under the sway of the hag Neia Blackblood. A band of roving Heroes cast the foul hag into a pocket dimension, ending the curse. Now, the survivors and refugees can begin to rebuild their home.

Seasend Isle
Ruler: Tyrsientom

A remote island beyond the Stormwrack Gulf. The ancient gold dragon Tyrsientom has established a workshop on the island.

The Ariqulan Archipelago (also known as The Pirate Islands)

A collection of small islands that constantly change hands between the numerous pirate captains (the self-styled Brine Lords) that rule these inhospitable waters.

The Dwarven Kingdom of Gamgulir

The dwarves have sealed their borders and do not welcome visitors to their mountainous realm. Outsiders who are caught trespassing in their lands are prosecuted as spies and never seen again.

The Elven Nation of Drura
Ruler: King Tarsus & Queen Phinara
Capital: Jaanalume

Beyond the mountains, the elves rule their isolated and icy kingdom. Rumour has it that a magical gemstone possessed by the royal family is all that maintains the glacial barrier between their lands and the monster-infested wastes to the Far North.
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by mikeawmids.
The topic has been locked.

R1 2020 Was Blades in the Dark, now D&D5e 2 years 10 months ago #5346

• Sarge
Seen as we are world building, here is my contribution

The Halfling Lands
Ruler: Hidebald Mugwort
City: GullyShade
Noteworthy Towns: - Little Hamm

A growing area in the central lowlands, known to some as Staracre, is home to the ever prosperous (and hungry) halflings. Well known for their love of food and music, these likable creatures have established several territories in these temperate lands and is fast becoming a kingdom in its own right. One such domain, GullyShade, is now regarded by many as a city.

Halflings tend to venerate the forces or spirits that have a direct connection to their professions or environment. Latterly however many halflings are revering a hero that has risen from the ploughs furrow, a brave and fearless halfling by the name of Enden Took, Ettin Slayer!

R1 2020 Was Blades in the Dark, now D&D5e 2 years 10 months ago #5347

• mikeawmids
Thankyou for your contribution! Go ahead and pick a Feat! I have trivialized Inspiration to the point that I have no recourse than to start handing out game-breaking bonuses. :D

R1 2020 Was Blades in the Dark, now D&D5e 2 years 10 months ago #5348

• Sarge
mikeawmids wrote:
Thankyou for your contribution! Go ahead and pick a Feat! I have trivialized Inspiration to the point that I have no recourse than to start handing out game-breaking bonuses. :D

Thanks Mike!

I'm not sure that handing out inspiration on a regular basis is game breaking. I don't do it enough, so going forward I will be handing out a point of inspiration to each character at the start of the night (to be used on the night) and will still be handing out more based on great role playing or some other memorable act

R1 2020 Was Blades in the Dark, now D&D5e 2 years 10 months ago #5349

• JIm
  • Heroic Character
Misma apologises for being a wet lettuce again but wont be able to attend this weeks game due to work commitments.

Its all coming to a head though and I will soon be free!

R1 2020 Was Blades in the Dark, now D&D5e 2 years 10 months ago #5350

• mikeawmids
Q: What's the best way to guarantee your character survives a challenging encounter?

A: Don't turn up for the session! The GM can hardly kill your character in your absence without looking like a complete dick!

I'm only teasing, have fun at work. :p
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds