Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tatters of the King was Berlin -The Wicked City

Berlin -The Wicked City 2 years 1 month ago #5841

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
****PLEASE READ*****

Okay. So I've read through the opening Berlin scenario. I have to say I'm disappointed. The premise of it at first was intriguing. However, I think the execution of it overall just doesn't work. Simply put, in all my years of gaming, I've never read a scenario that railroads the players as much as this one. The plot is over-complicated, when it doesn't need to be, and players are expected to go where the Keeper tells them to and to perform actions that the Keeper tells them to; including being taken to one side by the Keeper to tell individuals how to role-play their own characters in order to make certain scenes work the way the author requires them to to keep the plot working. There's little room for player freedom.

With apologies to anyone with their heart set on playing in Weimar Berlin, I'd like to propose a change of scenario - I'm proposing to run Tatters of the King instead. I understand completely if the proposed change means someone wants to bail. If you have comments or objections to raise - please post below. I need to know quickly if the proposed change still leaves us with a viable game please - as I've got a lot of reading to do in a short amount of time.

Thanks for your understanding.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Garuda.
The topic has been locked.

Berlin -The Wicked City 2 years 1 month ago #5842

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
I was more because I've not played more than a one shot of cthulhu before so setting doesn't matter to me so much. I'm all good

Berlin -The Wicked City 2 years 1 month ago #5844

• Sarge
I’m more than happy to play any Cthulhu game you run mate, so most definitely sign me up!

Tatters of the King was Berlin -The Wicked City 2 years 1 month ago #5845

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
All ????

Tatters of the King was Berlin -The Wicked City 2 years 1 month ago #5846

• JIm
  • Heroic Character
Sounds good to me. Im still in.

Tatters of the King was Berlin -The Wicked City 2 years 1 month ago #5847