Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Too many continuation games?

Too many continuation games? 4 years 9 months ago #3923

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Maybe make the timescale half of the preceeding rotation (i.e 4 weeks in advance?) It gives people chance to enquire, ask questions, make characters (or learn rules) and lets the DM have an idea of hwat sort of players but also stops the issue of games being already filled up sometimes 2-3 rotations in advance?
The topic has been locked.

Too many continuation games? 4 years 9 months ago #3924

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
Andrek wrote:
. And, controversially, l do not believe our mascot (the Beer-Drinking dog), is sending out the right message to potential new players even though he has served us well in the past.

Such heresy... leave the dog alone! Next thing you will be saying the dice are somehow a safeguarding issue!
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.

Too many continuation games? 4 years 9 months ago #3928

• Mr. B
  • Elite Member
Such heresy... leave the dog alone! Next thing you will be saying the dice are somehow a safeguarding issue!

Inept - They are where you're concerned...! ;)

Too many continuation games? 4 years 9 months ago #3929

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Mr. B wrote:

Inept - They are where you're concerned...! ;)

I wasn't aware that Tony rolled dice?
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

Too many continuation games? 4 years 9 months ago #3930

• Eomak
  • New Character!
I'm glad we have a chance to talk about this some more as it has been rankling me since returning. The reason for this is that certain tables seem to have the same players rotation after rotation, with only the occasional change of person. While this is really the norm for most gaming groups, they can more often be characterised as existing friends gaming together in their homes or FLGS. To come into a club with the same mentality really defeats the purpose of a club. Since being back I have loved meeting new people, as well as catching up with old friends. Laughing & joking with all concerned while recalling memorable moments from the past & making new memories every week.

Im happy to abide by rules stated by Sarge but really dont like "1.2 Thread will automatically be unlocked a week before Rotation starts"
I prefer the other comments on here that state 4 weeks is a better unlock time frame.

Id also like to ask here in public exactly " What is our recruitment strategy?" Ive seen people mention it on here but I never even realised we had one...

Too many continuation games? 4 years 9 months ago #3932

• Andy Boyne
  • Heroic Character
Thanks for all the comments.

Upon reflection, I agree that one week before is too short a time for the DM and players to prep and come up with character backgrounds etc.

I suggest 4 weeks before with the exact date posted 1 week in advance so everyone knows. This will mean that DMs will need to post their games in the first 4 weeks so that all games can be filled at the same time. Assuming a max of 5 players per game as already stated, does this approach work for everyone?
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds