Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 3 years 9 months ago #4992

• Andy Boyne
  • Heroic Character
I Intend to shield for a while longer yet as I am classified as vulnerable so it will probably be August before I attend the Club again.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 3 years 9 months ago #4993

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
Hi all,
some good news at last.

I wont be back at the club for a while yet [waits for cheering to subside]. As mentioend previously I am in an at risk group and as such intend to minimise those 'optional' contacts, which regretably includes face to face rpg.

that said, I do intend and will welcome real pnp stuff once things calm down, but probably not until November/Decemeber!

As was mentioned by Bane, I am runing an online game on Thursday night... this was commenced at the club and continued to run online during lockdown, so I'm happpy pause it so that those who are able to attend are free to do so! we will come back to it later... (in pen and paper if you want Bane... but you still role the electonic dice!)
Equally if required i have another game ready to run online so for those continuing to isolate I can provide a game on roll20. this at least would give everyone who wants a chance ot continuing to play, the opporontunity to do so, and ensure that room physically in the club is optimised to allow social distancing. it may be that some online games integrated into the overall system may be helpful in managing the BCRPS attendance numbers, particularly if the Club decides restrictions on numbers are necessary.
happy to include these games in the rotations as requried Mike if you are happy to coordinate.

A quick few suggestetion as to the precations:
1. the coronation club, as the venue has a legal duty to manage the premises. The COVID regulations are explicit that they have the management plan and risk assessments. Customers are required to follow it/them. They may for example, limit numbers in each room, set out tables/chairs to maintain distances, and/or make porovision for use of external areas. BCRPS will be obliged to abide by those restrictions so anything that BCRPS intends to implement needs to be checked and confirmed with the club prior to it being implemented. The club as the venue operator should have regard to government guidance www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid...community-facilities ; this may be a good starting point ofr the club which probably fits better than the public house guidance. Nothng suggested by BCRPS should go against either the overriding guidance of government or the Club's own risk assessment.
2. tables/chairs and layout may need to be fixed by the venue, if you are going to change any of that you may want to support that with a risk assessment (queue Sarge's helpful list). if I were running the club I would probably stop people moving stuff around as it would mean all fixtures and furnishings are subject to contamination. Practially therefore it may be sensible to assume that any game wont have a large double table in place, unless you ask the club to arrnage the venue for you accordingly.
3. the basic rules for controlling a venue are those put in place by the the venue owners, so it really isnt for BCRPS to change the risk assessments made, there may be a place for BCRPS to advise its members on how the risk assessment could be implemented by its members, so any additonal (even sensible decisions) made by individuals to safegaurd their own health and wellbeing e.g. wearing masks, etc need to be consistent with that.

How the venue restrictions limit operational use of the venue by BCRPS members is absolutely a matter that needs resolvig so that games run do not conflict with government guidance or the Club's safety arrangements.

hope this helps and enjoy Thursday you lucky people!
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 3 years 9 months ago #4994

• Sarge
I am advised that a risk assessment has been done, and the limit is 60 people, which of course we don’t get on a Thursday.

I have been asked to let them know if we are going this week, so any chance of a show of hands please so we can see if we have the numbers

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 3 years 9 months ago #4995

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
I don't think I will be this week. Bit too soon and still too many questions/rush to get stuff setup for thurs. For example technically the rules state no more than two households at a table and I'm not currently bunking with any of you. So a lot there still needs to be clarified.

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 3 years 9 months ago #4996

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
I can do Thursday night.
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by mikeawmids.

CORONA VIRUS - COVID 19 3 years 9 months ago #4997

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
I've sent an email to users letting them know the club is reopening. (although i haven't received a copy yet)

I don't think i'll be there for a while yet myself.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds