Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tatters of the King

Tatters of the King 2 years 1 month ago #5885

• Sarge
JIm wrote:
Continuation from the retrospective of Jacob Smythe Blossetts work 2022.

... Many of the sketchbooks were tattered and torn with burnt pages, sheared edges and what could almost be described as slash marks. It was clear that Blossett was creating this work at a time of extreme emotional and psychological distress. As much as the pain Blossett must have been in his artistic output not only continued but thrived at this time. I will discuss more on Blossetts supposed state later but for now, back to the state of these pages as they were found in April of 2019.

Fig. 1

It was a few months before the exhibition when we were able to send Blossetts sketchbooks off to the lab for both infra-red reflectograph and X-radiography. What we got back not only surprised us but also disturbed me and my colleagues here at the museum. As you can see, Fig 1 is a x-ray of one of Blossetts sketches and under examination, far from seeing the artists preparatory line work, we see a strange symbol recurring on the page and what could be a blood stain in the top right corner. This symbol, although feint, seems to have formed a macabre preoccupation for Blossett as we see it echoed throughout his work of this period (it also formed the sigil on the box in which the sketchbooks were found). As for the bloodstain it is hard to say. Misadventure? Ritual? Perhaps something darker. What we know of Blossetts life may suggest that he was involved in some less than salubrious affairs. Whatever it may be it would appear the life and work of Jacob Smythe-Blossett have more secrets to reveal.

Edit: Finally figured it out.

Brilliant Jim, can’t wait for the next instalment
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tatters of the King 2 years 1 month ago #5886

• MellyMel
  • Platinum Member
an attachment can be embedded. it needs to be done like...

(attachment=47)Cartwright-The-Magnificent-1.jpg(/attachment)
but using square brackets instead to give you... (hopefully)

Tatters of the King 2 years 1 month ago #5888

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
Excellent posts.

A bonus dice for each of you.
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.

Tatters of the King 2 years 1 month ago #5889

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Sir

As requested I attended the opening night of the play “Carcosa" yesterday evening (October 17th 1928) at the Scala theatre to investigate after the rumours of an unusually swift departure from the United States.

The play is an adaption of a French novel “The King in Yellow and, while traditionally not a theatre person, I find myself in the perplexing position of having enjoyed the play without actually being able to recall a single specific moment. The play itself was certainly very polarising with visceral opposing opinions amongst the audience in attendance and what can only be described as a disturbance bordering on a riot occurring when the final curtain fell. Physical damage was done to the venue (as well as several of the audience) before they were able to clear the auditorium.

Afterwards there was a buffet and drinks put on to celebrate opening night. While muted I thought it best to mingle to see what information I could gather. Talking to several of the cast and reading between the lines it appears the play elicited and similar reaction in it’s US run hence them coming here. Unfortunately for them the owner of the Scala had a similar opinion as I overheard him advising the plays writer (or, I suppose, adaptor) they were no longer welcome. As such they intend to move on to Paris. As such I am unsure if there is any further need to investigate them provided the leave the country in a timely manager and become an issue for the French.

During the belated opening night drinks I did make the acquaintance of a few of the other patrons amongst them was a Doctor Barnabas Piper who has made a minor name for himself as a pioneer in the science of Psychoanalysis whose skill-set might be useful to the Crown. As such, and since the investigation of the play seemed to wrap up early due to their departure, unless reassigned I may spend some time befriending and accompanying Dr Piper to get a better measure of the man and to establish if he should perhaps be approached formally to consult for the Agency in areas such as inferring motive or interrogation.

His Majesties humble Servant.

William King.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by rhodsey.

Tatters of the King 2 years 1 month ago #5890

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Sir

As per my report on the play “Carcosa” I have taken advantage of a chance encounter to evaluate a possible contact for the Crown. However what started out as a simple recruitment evaluation has unfolded into something much more sinister. I will elaborate in my full report suffice it to say there may be more ties to the Carcosa play than initially thought despite there being no physical connection I have yet to find.

I would like to formally request access to the police report, as well as any other information or held evidence related to the Roby Murders two years hence, requisition of an Automobile and pressure be placed on the Herefordshire Constabulary to reopen a frankly sloppy investigation into a murder at the St Agnes Asylum the deranged of an Orderly called Cuthbert Yates. Just a cursory examination of the evidence by anyone with the deductive reasoning skills of a child playing hide and go seek can see the pieces do not add up to their conclusion and, as well as the Roby murder, this may have at least tangential ties to the recent murder of a doctor Lionel Trollope in St James’ park.

I will continue my investigation under the guise of a simple interested party however if any further requests fo verification of my identicy come in please ask the ladies on the exchange to authorise me.

His Majesties Humble Servant

William King.

Tatters of the King 2 years 1 month ago #5891

• Sant
  • Platinum Member
Just to confirm I'm away the 14th and 21st April i think that's the last 2 sessions. Oh and also this session was brought to you by the MIT's, the Men in Tweed.... who aren't the government at all, in no way, what so ever.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Sant.
Moderators: Andy Boyne, mikeawmids
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds