• Tenth Level
Welcome to the crew!
The topic has been locked.

R2 Promised Horizon 2 years 1 month ago #5861

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
CharacterPaladin (templar skinned) LN

Warforged.
No one seems to know what that means here.
This may not be a surprise. Ever since arriving this place is strange.
This unit was activated 932 year of Sunar rising 13, not that this means anything in this place. Others look at this unit blankly.
This unit was programmed with the warrior module (subnet divine) to serve aboard elemental airships that use letters of marque pursue pirates and other vessels as demanded by House Lyrander. This unit once referred to itself as GU84-5 or ‘Unit 5’ to the master of the elemental skyship Locari. This designation is no longer appropriate.
During the inaugural voyage the airship attacked a trading vessel. During the battle this unit was thrown overboard and fell through the elemental ring and went offline for [unspecified] period.
Upon awakening this unit was in salt water, under a cloudless sky where the stars were unrecognisable. This unit was in the water for 2 days until it found land. A deserted island held only plant and animal life but no humanoids. This unit existed there for 3 months. The solitude and presence of animals was somehow comforting.
A ship was noted on the horizon, this unit was able to light a fire and attract attention. It was clear that the crew were not sure what a warforged was. This unit was referred to as Golem, but this ceased when entering conversation. It became apparent that this unit was not on Eberron any longer, and had no means to find that place again.
The Captain Fortune of the vessel Ripcurl decided to offer this unit a position on the crew as part of the Vanguard (marine forces). This was acceptable. This unit took on the name Vanguard as part of the initiation into the crew.
The Ripcurl is a solid vessel, but it cannot fly. It appears to be powered only be sails and oars rather than elementals. The crew appear to be surprised when Vanguard mentions this. They also have no steam engines or dragonmarks. There are no great houses. It is a simpler place. These humanoids are confusing. Fortunately, there is a ships’ dog called Lanyard, and some chickens. The chickens make no sense, but the dog is calming and pleasant, he seems to like the Ripcurl so Vanguard will probably stay. To Vanguards surprise, the crew ate the chickens, Vanguard demanded they leave the dog alone, they seemed shocked that Vanguard should think they would eat dog. Why not? They eat chicken? These humanoids are confusing.
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.

R2 Promised Horizon 2 years 3 weeks ago #5925

• mikeawmids
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
New Kickstarter: Tempest, a Seafarers Sourcebook for D&D5e

www.kickstarter.com/projects/dragonsvaul....projectdomino33.com

"Experience the dark mystery of a pirate-filled maritime campaign setting with Tempest, the ideal buccaneers companion for DnD 5e!"

I saw this and thought of you. :D
  • Page:
Moderators: mikeawmids, Andy Boyne
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds