Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gary

Gary 6 years 1 month ago #2838

• Bane
  • Elite Member
We can now do flowers, which Scott is sorting out.

So tomorrow night (Thursday 15th) we are going to ask (if you want to) to make a small contribution to the flowers, if we raise enough to pay for the flowers and there is some left over that will be donated to the charity.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Sarge.
The topic has been locked.

Gary 6 years 1 month ago #2840

• Sarge
Mr. B wrote:
Been talking to one or two folk about booking the Coronation Club for a charity driven event in memory of Gaz, and the response has been very positive so far.
Called "The Gazathon", we do a 48 hour sponsored gaming session. Think of it like a 16 week rotation, starting Saturday 12am until Monday 12am...! If it goes well, think it could be a yearly event (in the Summer) that we could do to keep his memory alive. As to the logistics of it (i.e., GMs, slots, signing up) we can that sort that out = later.
Thoughts?

A great idea, but 24 hours would be quite long enough

The coronation club won't the be right venue though. Very much doubt they would keep it open through the night and the likely high cost of hiring the room for that length of time. We can't expect the same rates as we get on Thursdays.

Definitely count me in for this, but someone else will need to set this up and manage it.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Sarge.

Gary 6 years 1 month ago #2844

• Sarge
Bane wrote:
We can now do flowers, which Scott is sorting out. So tomorrow night (Thursday 15th) we are going to ask (if you want to) to make a small contribution to the flowers, if we raise enough to pay for the flowers and there is some left over that will be donated to the charity.

A massive thank you for all the generous donations for flowers. We have more than enough to cover the cost, and if there is anything over I will ensure gets donated to the requested charity.

It is my intention to get to the florists tomorrow to get the flowers ordered, weather permitting.

Gary 6 years 1 month ago #2861

• matt486
  • Tenth Level
Ado guys,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while, some issues have come up that I've had to deal with. I was very sad to hear that Gary had passed. The story of how he locked himself out of the room at the expo and ended up running around the lobby in his underwear looking for someone to let him back in is legendary, but for his roleplaying, I'll always remember Tanith the Paladin. He was a character created for Mark's Anglo Saxon Chronicles game as an NPC from one of the original cast. Gaz joined the game a little way into the campaign, initially taking the role of Steve's character Kyrias when Steve wasn't available for a rotation, and when Steve returned, Gaz he took over the role of Tanith. He made the character his own, and was a crucial part of the definitive line-up of one of the greatest long-form adventures I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of.

Sadly I won't be able to make the funeral, as I work on Saturdays and I can't afford any more time off work. I would love to come to at least some of the wake though. Does anybody know how late it's likely to run?

Cheers

Matt

Gary 6 years 1 month ago #2862

• Bane
  • Elite Member
Gary's Funeral arrangements

The Coronation Club have allowed us to have the room till 6, if any of us are left standing then we will take it from there.

Gary 5 years 9 months ago #3146

• Steboacha
  • Heroic Character
Any word on the Gazathon then?
I'd go for it if it's 12 hours...
You're on the other side of the rabbit hole. Now it's time to die.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds