Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gary

Gary 6 years 1 month ago #2831

• Sarge
Bane wrote:
Gary’s funeral will be held on Saturday 24 March 10am at Sandwell Crematorium.

The wake will be held at the Coronation Club.

Where we can give Gary the send off he deserves.

Family flowers only please with donations to Crohn's and Colltis UK

Crohn's & Colitis

I was going to see if I could get a gaming themed arrangement of flowers, but given the above statement regarding "family flowers only" I'll make a donation on behalf of the BCRPS instead.

As per info on the above website, I'll donate £31 which quote:

£31 could help us provide 100 pieces of vital information to help manage life if you are affected by inflammatory bowel disease.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Sarge.
The topic has been locked.

Gary 6 years 1 month ago #2832

• Viggi
  • Heroic Character
Happy memories of running in to Gaz at the Expo before it became too huge, he was there every year and booked up in all the slots.
He was also, as others have shown, a great addition to any game.
I ran a campaign in Eberron a few years ago, set around a murder in the Ice House in Sharn. Gaz was playing Tox, a shifter rogue.

I remember an encounter on one of Sharn's very high bridges.

Me: You see your way blocked by shadowy figures taking up positions half-way across the bridge.
Gaz: I'll hide in the shadows..
Me:??. You are on a bridge in broad daylight.
Gaz: I'll try..
Me:[wondering if a rogue can hide in his own shadow]

Also, when investigations led to a high class Tailors, Graxx and Graxx, run by half-orc brothers in Sharn. (Which was a cover for something if I remember).
Graxx: Can I help you sir?
Tox: (stream of consciousness ramble throwing in random elements of the story jumbled into a three minute incomprehensible sort of question, obviously hoping to clear up the murder right there.)
Graxx: Sir, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Krag (Stew):[choke choke cough]
Tox: Oh ok.

Great times, so very sad at his passing. I like to think of him playing at Gygax's table now...trying to hide in shadows at noon..and asking his brilliant, mad questions.

Gary 6 years 1 month ago #2833

• Garuda
  • Platinum Member
I can’t now remember the title of the D&D adventure I was running – but I’ll never forget Gaz’ roleplaying as his rogue continuously tried to hide in broad daylight and no available cover, and how he fell into and over every trap in the game. When you can’t remember what you were running, but you certainly remember Gary’s character – that’s a testament to an entertaining roleplayer.

And how can anyone but Gaz play a ghoul chained up in a basement for most of an eight week rotation!

I’ll also remember him for winning fluffy stuff on the grabbers – now that’s a talent.

Most of all I remember it was Gaz who was the very first person to speak to me and welcome me to the BCRPS on the first evening I ever stepped foot into the backroom at the club.

Wherever he is now…you’ll find him on the fruit machines……

Bless you Gary.

RIP
"Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Capt. E. Blackadder.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Garuda.

Gary 6 years 1 month ago #2835

• Mr. B
  • Elite Member
Been talking to one or two folk about booking the Coronation Club for a charity driven event in memory of Gaz, and the response has been very positive so far.

Called "The Gazathon", we do a 48 hour sponsored gaming session. Think of it like a 16 week rotation, starting Saturday 12am until Monday 12am...!

If it goes well, think it could be a yearly event (in the Summer) that we could do to keep his memory alive.

As to the logistics of it (i.e., GMs, slots, signing up) we can that sort that out = later.

Thoughts?

Gary 6 years 1 month ago #2836

• Viggi
  • Heroic Character
i had very similar ideas.

I was seeing a 24 marathon in the foyee of the Hilton Metropol at expo. Passers by could chuck in a couplenof quid to buy a player a Hero point or gm an evil point. Based on the game run by paizo at Garycon in the US.
That was my thought, not possible this year probably, but whatever form/location count me in.

Gary 6 years 1 month ago #2837

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
love the idea...
may want to restrict it to 24hours rather than 48?

count me in though!
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds