Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BCRPS Recruitment Strategy (new members)

BCRPS Recruitment Strategy (new members) 5 years 8 months ago #3204

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
I submitted our club info to Gameslore a few years back, but we were not added to the listings, for whatever reason.
The topic has been locked.

BCRPS Recruitment Strategy (new members) 5 years 8 months ago #3205

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
I am not much in favour of spending money to advertise for players. it is uncertain and, in my opinion, a waste of resource.
the vast majority of folks looking into roleplaying do so because of word of mouth. they then find local clubs through the internet, thats what I did 20 ish years ago and it works.

If we advertise we raise an expectation that games will be provided for newbies trying out the games, that puts pressure on DM's to supply games where currently we struggle to supply for those who are members.

if we grow organically, we at least have sustainable game provision.
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.

BCRPS Recruitment Strategy (new members) 5 years 8 months ago #3206

• Sarge
Inept wrote:

But we aren't growing organically, never have, hence the odd rotation we have 5 games and other times only 7 or 8 people turning up in a week...

Most organisations need to advertise, and we are no different. Lets also address how we retain members.

So who's going to head this up then?

BCRPS Recruitment Strategy (new members) 5 years 8 months ago #3207

• Sarge
mikeawmids wrote:
I submitted our club info to Gameslore a few years back, but we were not added to the listings, for whatever reason.

You know what Mike, I think I did too

BCRPS Recruitment Strategy (new members) 5 years 8 months ago #3208

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
I've tried contacting them again.

EDIT: And I got a reply this time.

"Hello Michael,

Thank you for the email. I have passed on your request to our website
controller and it should be showing in the next couple of weeks.

With kind regards,

Suzanne"
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by mikeawmids.

BCRPS Recruitment Strategy (new members) 5 years 8 months ago #3210

• Inept
  • Platinum Member
Sarge wrote:
Inept wrote:

But we aren't growing organically, never have, hence the odd rotation we have 5 games and other times only 7 or 8 people turning up in a week...

Most organisations need to advertise, and we are no different. Lets also address how we retain members.

So who's going to head this up then?

I think we have two different definitions of organic growth here... I would argue we have only EVER grown organically. a definition of organic growth could be "organic growth refers to growing under your own steam, rather than thanks to outside elements." , i.e. we haven't advertised, imported or merged with other organisations, paid for services to promote growth or otherwise commissioned anything that would see numbers rise in response to a programmed and calculated set of activities.

If we wanted to expand in this way we need to identify the capacity to provide for that growth. My point was, I don't see that in the club at present, as we don't have enough folks putting games forward routinely.

If you wanted to grow as a result of a planned campaign of growth, then we need to have an 'offering' and make provision for appropriate capacity.

If that's what's wanted, I will happily run a couple of games next year, as part of a longer term plan. I am also happy to take a wack at a business plan outline. I cannot commit to managing that process however, but am happy to support others in doing so.

If we wish to do this properly I would recommend that we would need to have a chairman/committee appointed to coordinate, sign off the plan and take responsibility for moving it forward. do we have volunteers to do this. I can probably source a constitution template from one of the the tennis clubs as a starting point.
Red Wine should always be opened and allowed to breathe....

if it doesn't apply mouth to bottle resuscitation.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds