Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BCRPS Recruitment Strategy (new members)

BCRPS Recruitment Strategy (new members) 4 months 2 weeks ago #3179

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • I cast phantasmal duck!
Hello all!

Sarge has suggested I post here to discuss allocation of club funds for the purposes of recruitment and I agree; how club funds are spent should be a group decision and when & how to recruit should also be decided democratically. Should we recruit at all, or is the group large enough already? Should we be constantly be advertising or only at specific times of the year, or when existing members leave? If we do advertise/recruit, how should we do it?

I can’t even remember how I became aware of the club when I joined back in 2009. I’m guessing that I googled ‘roleplaying + west midlands’ and to be fair, BCRPS still pops up near the top of the search list if you do that today. I’m also aware that some of you joined as a result of the club being promoted on meetup.com (or maybe the Facebook page). We were part of a larger group on Meetup and as a result, we did not to pay any subscription fees. However, that larger group seems to have closed and BCRPS is no longer represented on that site. I’ve been looking at the cost of a basic subscription and it works out at around £11.00 per month, or £45.00 to pay for 6 months (that’s a 33% discount on the monthly rate). That enables us to allocate 4 organisers and have up to 50 members (although that’s not a big deal, since we’ll be directing new members to sign up on this website ASAP). Theoretically, the club will be more visible online and we will have a higher number of new members joining the club.

Do we feel this is a good use of club funds? Are there any alternative/cost effective methods of recruiting people to consider? Should we be focusing on recruitment at all considering the size of the room and the number of games that we usually have running at any one time?

Discuss!
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by mikeawmids.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

BCRPS Recruitment Strategy (new members) 4 months 2 weeks ago #3181

• Raging Soliloquy
  • Fifth Level
Even though that's how I heard about BCRPS I do think that's quite steep for what it is. not sure what the alternatives are (twitter Facebook?) and how to reach like minded individuals. Will look into this if I can, see what the options are. Maybe advertise on a website that is frequented by role players? Any ideas?

BCRPS Recruitment Strategy (new members) 4 months 2 weeks ago #3183

• Sant
  • Heroic Character
I agree I don't think money has to be spent. We just need to put the word about local games shops etc. Tbh you don't need to many more..players... GM's though ...

BCRPS Recruitment Strategy (new members) 4 months 1 week ago #3196

• Aka
  • Heroic Character
maybe we could advertiseon on games lore been on the site we are not listed but looks free to list

BCRPS Recruitment Strategy (new members) 4 months 1 week ago #3197

• Aka
  • Heroic Character
rpg gamefinder
orcs nest
rpg stackexchange
nearby gamers .com

BCRPS Recruitment Strategy (new members) 4 months 1 week ago #3202

• Sarge
Well submit our information to them then. Stop expecting someone else to do it.

If you think it is a good idea, go do it already!
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Sarge.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds