Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Play-by-Post game on Roll Gate

Play-by-Post game on Roll Gate 4 years 8 months ago #4036

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Is anyone interested in running/playing a test game on Roll Gate, as a club? Post frequency can be as low or high as we want it to be, probably aim for at least one post per day minimum to keep the story moving. Bonus is we don't have to be on at the same time, just post when you get a few minutes spare and check back in later.

www.rolegate.com

I like the site. :)

Plz post your interest below if you wanna' give this a shot.

If you do create the game, make sure to password lock it and make the password BCRPS.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by mikeawmids.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Play-by-Post game on Roll Gate 4 years 8 months ago #4067

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
www.rolegate.com/ref/mikeawmids/bcrps-roll-gate

Password: BCRPS

Link to BCRPS game. Sandbox D&D5, GM'd by me. Post maybe once or twice per day. Starting at first level in the harbour town of Port Cullis. A wizard has died and a rival magician wants the party to recover a valuable book from the dead man's estate. If you're interested, post below with character concept, sign up for an account on Roll Gate and create a character template within the BCRPS game.

Play-by-Post game on Roll Gate 4 years 8 months ago #4068

• Andy Boyne
  • Heroic Character
Hi Mike,

I’m interested and will sign up tonite. Will look at a Rogue type.

Play-by-Post game on Roll Gate 4 years 8 months ago #4069

• rhodsey
  • Platinum Member
Hey. Am just making an account now. Not sure on Character yet will confirm soon.

Edit: so it looks like it doesn't have any real char creation built in you just input all the stats? I'm going to probably make a char on DND beyond then input them over in that case. Thinking I might give a spellcaster a go.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by rhodsey. Reason: to save another post.

Play-by-Post game on Roll Gate 4 years 8 months ago #4104

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
Cool. Once you do have a character background, plz post it here also.

Some setting info: Taking advice from a Matt Colville video, I'm creating the setting as we play, starting with a single town and its immediate environs.

Port Cullis was once a bustling trade centre on the northern shore of Friton. Ships from all over the seven baronies would dock there to empty their holds of exotic goods and replenish them with stone mined from the inland quarries. All that changed when the Fog swept in, blanketing the ocean like a poisonous grey moss. Ships disappeared in the Fog and there were no survivors to explain why, so the superstitious seafolk drew their own conclusions and avoided the area. With fewer and fewer vessels risking the journey, trade with Port Cullis dwindled and the town fell into decline. It is now a dilapidated ghost town, sprawled along the coastline like a decaying body washed up by the waves. The people still living there are mostly rude and surly, those too poor or too stubborn to move elsewhere.

An old abandoned keep overlooks the town. In days gone by, warriors patrolled the battlements and watched the horizon for orcish raiding parties from Skurth. The Fog put an end to their raids also and the warriors were posted elsewhere, the town left to fend for itself.

PCs who end up in Port Cullis are unlikely to be their of their own volition. Perhaps they are down on their luck, or hiding from enemies in one of the other six baronies. Perhaps you thought your days of meeting with shady figures to discuss even shadier jobs in really shady taverns were done with. But hey, even heroes ned to eat and you find yourself entering the taproom of The Captain's Chest to meet with a broker you know only as Master Coin....

Be as descriptive as you like when you post. Posting frequency wont be too frantic, so take your time and go into as much (or as little) detail as you like.

There are still slots open if anyone else is reading this and wants to give it a go.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by mikeawmids.

Play-by-Post game on Roll Gate 4 years 8 months ago #4105

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
I am interested, I shall be a bard! Is it going to be point buy, or dice rolling?
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds