Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Play-by-Post game on Roll Gate

Play-by-Post game on Roll Gate 4 years 9 months ago #4118

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Sure, I made the game with 5 spaces.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Play-by-Post game on Roll Gate 4 years 9 months ago #4119

• Val
  • Heroic Character
Great count me in.

Play-by-Post game on Roll Gate 4 years 9 months ago #4121

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
Hi Mike, I have PM'd you with my character stats.

Play-by-Post game on Roll Gate 4 years 9 months ago #4124

• Val
  • Heroic Character
Nayana Wranfir, Cleric of Lathander.

Nayana was the illicit love child of a high elf father and a human mother. Her father quietly disappeared before she was born and her mother had to move away from their village at the edge of the elven lands. Her mother had a thing for demi humans and they moved to a dwarven stronghold where she met and moved in with a dwarven sage.

So Nayana was well educated by her dwarven step father who taught her to read and write elvish, dwarven, gnomish, and draconic scripts. He taught her a love for the gods and religion in general. As she grew she started to have visions and many, not all, came to pass. Her step father investigated these visions and learned that Lathander was responsible for them. He suggested Nayana attend the nearest temple to Lathander and take her vows.

Nayana thrived at the temple thanks to her education from her dwarven step father and she showed an aptitude for manipulating divine energy so it was no surprise when she took the holy vows of a Cleric of Lathander. As all Clerics of Lathander must, Nayana had to leave the temple and follow the teachings of Lathander to help those in need or too weak to help themselves. Giving her life in service to her god. After some small adventures Nayana received a vision of a rising evil in a long abandoned temple by a village surrounded by a strange and dangerous fog...

Play-by-Post game on Roll Gate 4 years 9 months ago #4131

• Andrek
  • Elite Member
G'Thokk
G'thokk is a Half Orc Bard who loves fun, chaos, and mayhem. He is not mean, but loves teasing the pious and stupid. He is always ready to put on a show, with his trusty Didgeridoo (Sheila), combined with his storytelling and dance techniques. He loves entertaining children and telling the stories of his half orc tribe. He has no special dislike of anybody, until they piss him off!

Play-by-Post game on Roll Gate 4 years 9 months ago #4140

• mikeawmids
  • Platinum Member
  • Sadly, life can't be all gimps and mayonnaise.
Chapter One

Three heroes gathered in the dingy harbour town of Port Cullis to meet with a mysterious, golden-eyed broker named Master Coin. Nayana and Sir Colyyn had both been drawn north by curious visions of a desecrated, fog-shrouded temple. The high elf rogue Tharivol had his own shadowy purpose....

The party were hired to break into the island refuge of a reclusive wizard and steal a valuable book from his mountain of arcane literature. The half-orc wizard, Egad Cozin had not been seen for some months, leading the broker to suspect he might have died or somehow incapacitated himself. Regardless, a sorcerer's refuge is rarely without guardians and the heroes would need to exercise care.

The three heroes 'borrow' a boat and head for the island. They are attacked by a pair of reef sharks, but the hungry fish are soon driven off.

Reaching the island, the party find a half-orc bard floating beside a rickety jetty. The bard's name is G'Thokk. Before G'Thokk can explain what he was doing in the water, the heroes disturb a carrion crawler gorging on abandoned supplies left to rot on the water's edge. The monstrosity is slain and Tharivol discovers correspondence from an alchemist called Florian Vale, addressed to the missing wizard.

The party break into the wizard's home and locate his library. Tharivol disturbs a shapeshifting guardian disguised as the book they seek. The sound of fighting attracted a blind ogrekin manservant called Ogir. After a destructive battle in the library, the heroes triumphed.

A fifth hero joins the adventure; Elias Ainsworth, the human druid.

Nayana locates the book of Jugleyji hieroglyphics sought by Master Coin. Meanwhile, the rest of the party explored the house and encountered the skeleton of the dead wizard and his mocking familiar Pringles.

Tharivol recovers the dead wizard's journal and discovers a protective barrier was placed around the temple ruins on the other side of the island to trap a dangerous beast that had nested there.

The heroes return to Port Cullis and deliver the stolen book to Master Coin. The broker encourages them to seek him in out in the town of Whetmouth should they need additional work in the future.

TBC

This is a living document, so I'll just edit/add to it as the adventure continue.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by mikeawmids.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds